Monday, February 19, 2007

Little town makes the big time

I am very proud to announce that the Melon Festival held this last week in my little town has made worldwide news! And I thought Al Jazeera was typically used to broadcast threatning videos but look !!! I actually had a really great time at melon fest and even went on a float in the parade. It turns out I am not the best aim when throwing lollies to the crowd. They usually landed only 10cm away from the float. I am yet to find out if our float won any prizes in its category. We dressed up paper mache watermelons to look like hospital related people - Nurse Melon, Doctor Melon, Grandma and Grandpa Melon and Sadie the Cleaning Lady Melon to name a few. Surprisingly, the little town puts on a pretty good show for the week and I was impress with how much fun I had and would have had if I didnt have to go to work in the afternoon. (I missed seeing the melon smashing record.) But happily, I didnt manage to leave work just as all the exceedingly drunk people were starting to come in. And I discovered what an alcohol coma looks like - not pretty.

No comments: